Getting Ahead, Together.
A twice-monthly roundup of helpful information and collaborative opportunities for remote workers, self-employed, local businesses, and people-focused groups in and around the Logan Square neighborhood.
In This Issue
– People & Place
Be A Resource
Receive these helpful resources & opportunities and share with a friend! Subscribe here
- Defining Your Social Media Strategy
- Need An Intern? Here’s How To Start Your Search
- Urban History Seminar
- From Employee to Entrepreneur: Start A Side Hustle
- Weekend Work Day (Open Coworking)
- Can you use the internet to make the world better? These people have proven anything is possible when you build a community. Have something you’re passionate about? Start your own community!
- Afraid of debate? Frustrated about an issue but can’t communicate? This podcast breaks down How To Talk To People About Things.
- Finally, a Networking Event For Introverts Workshop, because networking is hard enough and for introverts it can be downright panic-inducing.
- Job: PR & Communication Manager at Avant
- Job: Chief Technical Officer at Gyst Audio
- Job: Senior Accountant at Simple Mills
People & Places
Julia Smith is one of the all-stars producing the Envisioning Equity Conference: Strategic Planning for Inclusive Organizations, a day-long conference for organizations to learn how to align a strategic planning process so that the resulting systems, structures, policies and procedures create a more equitable organization.
Local Business Spotlight
Hopewell Brewery has a bright, modern, and spacious taproom where you can support local biz, by drinking local. Hopewell is pet-friendly and have board games to play during your visit. They also offer brewery tours every Saturday at 5pm.
Calling All Teams
Try a team setup risk-free for 2 weeks to see how coworking can boost your team’s productivity, professionalism, culture and cohesiveness. Contact us to schedule your free 2 week team trial.
About Second Shift
At Second Shift, we help people escape the loneliness of working from home and the inefficiency of coffee-shop-hopping, so you can feel confident, professional, and successful. Plus, you’ll meet new people and be part of a fun and supportive community.
Enjoy a free trial day to see how ‘coworking’ can work for you!
Schedule your free day at: secondshiftchicago.com
See all of Second Shift’s services here.