Getting Ahead, Together.
A twice-monthly roundup of helpful information and collaborative opportunities for remote workers, self-employed, local businesses, and people-focused groups in and around the Logan Square neighborhood.
In This Issue
– People & Place
Be A Resource
Receive these helpful resources & opportunities and share with a friend! Subscribe here
- Creative Minds Talks: Chance The Rapper & Renée Fleming
- Trademarks, Trade Secrets & Copyrights for Food Businesses
- Chicago History 101
- Build Your Own Website For Business
- Weekend Work Day (Open Coworking)
- Need to improve your marketing in 2019? Don’t know where to start? Use HubSpot’s Marketing Plan Generator to create a quick, easy, customized (and free) plan for your business.
- A creative person’s guide to Thoughtful Self Promotion (a.k.a getting your point and brand across, without annoying people)
- Skip the over-priced wine bottles and bring your own at these Logan Square BYOB restaurants
- Job: Sales & Marketing Manager at Second Shift (20 hours/month)
- Apply to host: CreativeMornings FieldTrip event and showcase your creative skills
- Get Funding: Forward Fund Chicago is accepting applications for women-owned businesses and projects in the Chicagoland region
People & Places
Matt Cornelison & Ashley Petit of FUNGI Media will help you grow your audience through visual storytelling. Reach more people with a video that people are excited to watch, and most importantly: share!
Local Business Spotlight
Logan Square Pilates: A body positive, upbeat, and non-intimidating pilates studio, run by 3 friends on a mission to ignite confidence and vitality in our community. To celebrate their 1 year anniversary they’re offering 30% off first month of membership!
Calling All Teams
Try a team setup risk-free for 2 weeks to see how coworking can boost your team’s productivity, professionalism, culture and cohesiveness. Contact us to schedule your free 2 week team trial.
About Second Shift
At Second Shift, we help people escape the loneliness of working from home and the inefficiency of coffee-shop-hopping, so you can feel confident, professional, and successful. Plus, you’ll meet new people and be part of a fun and supportive community.
Enjoy a free trial day to see how ‘coworking’ can work for you!
Schedule your free day at: secondshiftchicago.com
See all of Second Shift’s services here.