Getting Ahead, Together.
A twice-monthly roundup of helpful information and collaborative opportunities for remote workers, self-employed, local businesses, and people-focused groups in and around the Logan Square neighborhood.
In This Issue
– People & Place
Be A Resource
Receive these helpful resources & opportunities and share with a friend! Subscribe here
- Founder’s Story: From College to Google
- Windy City Dev Fest: Sessions, Hack-a-thons, and Codelabs
- American Promise Viewing: Race and American Schools
- Stop Gun Violence Fundraiser
- Weekend Work Day (Open Coworking)
- Want to write more this year? We learned about Write Together, an accountability platform & low-pressure writing tool with a community supporting you along the way!
- Using Excel or Google Sheets? Find out if Airtable can boost your spreadsheet game. Their YouTube channel has a ton of instructional videos to get you started.
- Wonder what the future holds? This roundup of the best technology seen at CES 2019 gets you up to speed on whats ahead.
- Apply to Higher Ground Labs Accelerator if you provide technology for political efforts.
- Apply to attend the Tory Burch Embrace Ambition Series in Chicago.
- Hollaback, a global, people-powered movement to end harassment is hiring!
- Seeking: Graphic Designer Paria Saeedi is looking for a new opportunity.
People & Places
Longtime member and manager Corielle Heath Laaspere wrote an OpEd that was featured in Chief Learning Officer! Read Corielle’s “Why Bystander Intervention Is the Best Defense Against Harassment.”
Local Business Spotlight
‘Neighborhood Gem’ is the perfect way to describe one of our favorite spots: Chiya Chai, a casual restaurant serving mouth-watering, authentic, Indian and Nepalese food and a variety of chai drinks.
Best Coworking Spaces In Chicago
We’re feeling all warm and fuzzy after being named one of the Best Coworking Spaces in Chicago by BLUEPRINT!
See the list here and pass along to a friend who needs a workspace.
About Second Shift
At Second Shift, we help people escape the loneliness of working from home and the inefficiency of coffee-shop-hopping, so you can feel confident, professional, and successful. Plus, you’ll meet new people and be part of a fun and supportive community.
Enjoy a free trial day to see how ‘coworking’ can work for you!
Schedule your free day at: secondshiftchicago.com
See all of Second Shift’s services here.